Tuesday, January 24, 2006

More on the chocolate city

I have a good friend in the New Orleans area who stole a van to escape the wrath of Hurricane Katrina. He's back home now, safe and sound. Asking him how it was in the chocolate city, he replied with an insightful view on the situation:
Funny thing about the chocolate thing is when Nagin explained it after the infamous speech ... he explained that if you mix dark chocolate with milk, you get a delicious drink. Now, I don't know about you, but last time I made chocolate milk, I had to use much more milk than chocolate ... I believe that speech guaranteed that will be the mix ... as the ones with the money are going to be hesitant to bend over backward after the comments he made ... don't expect any of the projects to open back up anytime this decade, and well, 9th ward and the east I'm sure will see an onslaught of new and unseen layers of bureaucracy before utilities are restored to a point of resettling the areas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home