Sunday, October 09, 2005

O'Reilly's Sneak Attack on Bloggers

"Last night I (David Kline) appeared on the conservative TV talk show The O'Reilly Factor, ostensibly to talk about political blogs and the impact they are having on the American political process. Or so I was told by the two producers for the show who spent over an hour pre-interviewing me. Unbeknownst to me, however, the show turned out to be a total set-up job in which host Bill O'Reilly and guest Jed Babbin spent the entire time attacking the web site Media Matters for having posted commentary in the past critical of them both."
O'Reilly calls Media Matters "assassins" and "the worst" among "most vicious" political websites: "O'Reilly claimed that he experienced difficulty booking guests for the segment because 'they were afraid that Media Matters would go after them.' He also described the state of fear he claims to live under because of Media Matters: 'I've got to have bodyguards. I've got to have security wherever I go. And it's because of them.' He then declared, 'I don't fear them; I loathe them.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home