Friday, September 09, 2005

Just think, they COULD have left ...

Debbie Estes and her two daughters were on the brink of commiting suicide after spending days trapped in the attic of their New Orleans home. You might think that the fact that Debbie's 68-year-old mother lay dead on the attic floor is the most intriguing point of the article.

However, to me at least, my interested piqued when I read that they could have left but chose to stay. Here's what the CNN.com article states:

"Before Katrina hit the Gulf Coast on Sunday, August 28, Debbie said she hadn't paid much attention to the warnings and didn't want to evacuate without the family's pets. 'I never once dreamed ... I just thought it would be a little wind and rain and then it would just blow over.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home